A View from the Sketchbook



I've been playing with paint. I've not ever worked with paint and lately it's been speaking to me quite strongly. At this point (as with all points really) I'm experimenting - watercolours, acrylics, house- paint...whatever happens to be around. I've rolled out large sheets of old wallpaper lining on the floor of my studio, put on music of my mood, and allowed the paint to dance.

These 'sketches' are of a larger scale than I normally work, which has felt wonderful. Painting lends itself to open gestures that I don't normally get to experience when working with my other media. Working with paint is also so much messier than working with textiles and thread and wood and it's been great fun to embrace that, as well.

Big and messy.


I'll be curious to see where it leads....


Comments