Floating to the Surface










photos: Adelaide Shalhope

I've been a woman of few words, lately. Images I've been collecting with my camera seem quite enough language for me right now, yet each time I post and then view them I sense the surfacing of a more cohesive visual [and perhaps written] story -- the inner world quietly and harmoniously connecting with the outward environment.

These thoughts synthesised for me after reading Abigail Doan's recent posting  'Archaeology and Surfacing' where she very thoughtfully writes:

say that now is the time to drift all that we need to in order to anchor ourselves to something textured and resilient that was probably right under the surface all along. Loop back if you need to, and do not worry about the slow crafting agenda. It's not the tempo that ultimately matters, but the ability to recognize which layers propel us forward and backwards in uniquely transformative waves

I like the idea of drifting with my own images and ideas.  I can't see the full story, but perhaps it will only ever be revealed to me in layers, which as Abigail writes may be just under the surface and lay undiscovered until just the right time.

Comments

  1. oh this resonates so deep with the waywardness of the current in the work this morning, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad this resonated, Mo. Hope your work is going well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts