What They're Finding Near the Nest





A friend of mine commented the other day that the work I'm doing right now has a very 'interior' quality to it. I think that's very much due to the 'nesting' I'm doing in Northern Norway in the middle (near the end!) of winter. Snowy and cold outside. Warm and cozy inside. Nesting, indeed.

It could also do with the fact that I'm in a studio space which isn't normally mine. I've taken over a sparsely furnished room in the house my husband and I are renting and in order to make it a more inspiring space in which to work I've felt the daily need to create small experimental and playful pieces that can grace the walls and the shelves, and be arranged on various surfaces. My eye can now wander as it loves to and I'm able to see the subtle connections and relationships each piece creates with the next. 

Larger ideas are beginning to synthesise and an environment is growing which seems to look a little like it's being created by a bird building a very interesting nest.

A perfect place to be inspired while the winter continues to linger.

Comments

  1. Sigh... how beautiful! The way in which you combine of materials always inspires me. Not long until spring now though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hannah. I always feel so inspired by your work, as well. Yes, spring will be here soon enough!

      Delete
  2. Exquisite new pieces with vast interior spaces indeed. Such a joy to gaze at. Enjoy your transition to Spring ~ Abigail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abigail. Spring will reveal new materials and bring in some new energy. Until then it's a balance of hibernation (my tendency) and exploration 'outside the nest'.

      Delete

Post a Comment