Settling Down


These past few weeks, my mind has been a whirlwind of anxiety while I've been engrossed in studying for the Life in the United Kingdom - A Journey to Citizenship test. I needed to pass this in order to apply for my 'settlement visa' to live, permanently, in the UK.

Most of my creative work, and frankly, most of my general sanity and inner-peace flew out the window while I filled my head with a random selection of facts about Britain and worried whether or not I would know enough of them to pass the test, which I did, I'm happy to report, yesterday.

I'm not sure how my mind took over so much the last few weeks, and it's pointless, really, to speculate. Regardless, today I am granting myself my own personal 'settlement visa' - permission for my mind to surrender and my spirit to renew so that I can, as we are all truly able to do in each moment - begin again.


Comments

  1. Congratulations!!! A beautiful acheivement and now you can move back into purely creative thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Penny. Yes, it's been quite a relief to have it passed and over. I feel I have a little more space for thoughts other than things like how many British political constituencies there are, or what is the population of Scotland....:)

      Delete
  2. Congrats....l wonder how many of us "Brits" could answer those questions. Thank you for wanting to live in our coiuntry. Where do you come from and where have you chosen to settle..if that is not too personal a question?xxxlynda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yes, Lynda, you're right. My British born husband couldn't pass the practice test! I'm from the US, (Southwest) and lived the last 20 years in Cambridge, Massachusetts. I now live in Lancaster, where my husband-the reason for my move:) - is an academic. I'm quite fond of Britain and am glad to be here:)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts