Friday Afternoon Fragments



Larger projects (unfinished bits of which you've seen posted here) have been demanding my concentrated attention  - so I've not quite felt what to blog.

Stupid anxieties about where it all is going and how it will go and how I make it get there have been draining my energies and I simply didn't want to bore anyone with angst-ridden creative wallowing.



This afternoon I decided to let go of both [the concentrated attention and the creative angst].

Ten minutes of purely spontaneous play did the trick.

Quickly choose, and quickly stitch. It doesn't have to be a masterpiece. It doesn't even have to be any good. It just has to be.

And that, my friends, is really enough.

Enjoy your weekend.

Comments

  1. "Quickly choose, and quickly stitch. It doesn't have to be a masterpiece. It doesn't even have to be any good. It just has to be.

    And that, my friends, is really enough."

    Wise words - thanks for sharing. Creating is the goal, not perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lisa. I try to continue to remember this process and get out of my own way :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment